What are the new measures?
As of 24th March, the Prime Minister has outlined strict new measures to prevent the further spreading of Coronavirus.
- All leisure centres, gyms, restaurants, bars, pubs, and cafes are closed until further notice.
- All parks are now shut.
- Social gatherings, inclusive of weddings, funerals and parties are to be cancelled.
- Employees are urged to work from home wherever possible as agreed with their management.
- No public gathering of more than 2 people should take place. And a 2 metre gap (6ft) should be kept.
People should only leave home for the following necessary reasons;
- Shopping for basic necessities such as food, and medication. However, these trips need to be infrequent as possible.
- One form of exercise per day, such as walking, running or cycling. Either alone or with a member of the same household.
- Medical care or to help a vulnerable person. This includes moving children under the age of 18 between their parents’ homes, where applicable. Key workers or those with children identified as vulnerable can continue to take their children to school.
- Travelling to and from work, if working from home is not a possibility.
If these rules are not taken seriously, you can receive a fine.
How does this impact my care?
Your care package should run as normal, however please expect potential delays due to staff shortage. We are all currently trying our best to ensure a smooth service, and appreciate your patience at this difficult time.
I think I have coronavirus, what should I do?
If you are experiencing symptoms of coronavirus please contact 111. If you are a client or member of staff of Rosemont Care please contact your line manager or care coordinator to inform them.
How can I keep safe during this difficult time?
- Please do not invite relatives/friends to your home or visit family/friends. Social distancing must be taken seriously.
- Please wash your hands for 20 seconds with antibacterial hand wash.
- Please keep a hand sanitiser with you at all times.
- Ensure you are wearing gloves, this can be used at petrol stations and when shopping. Ensure to dispose of these in the bin properly.
- Wash your clothes if you have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19.
- Please do not touch your face, nose, mouth, or nose with unwashed hands.
- ‘Catch it, bin it, kill it’ – please cough/sneeze in a tissue and properly dispose of the tissue. Please thoroughly wash your hands after disposing of the tissue.
Please stay safe!